Apollo Public Relations Services
Public relations is a strategic communication process that builds mutually beneficial relationships between organizations and their publics
Apollo’s PR job is that of an image shaper. We work with you to generate positive publicity to introduce and enhance your reputation as a person, product or company.
Some of the services we offer are:
- Write and distribute press releases
- Speech writing
- Write pitches (less formal than press releases) about a firm and send them directly to journalists
- Create and execute special events designed for public outreach and media relations
- Conduct market research on the firm or the firm’s messaging
- Expansion of business contacts via personal networking or attendance and sponsoring at events
- Writing and blogging for the web (internal or external sites)
- Crisis public relations strategies
How is public relations different than advertising?
It’s Unpaid vs. Paid. Earned vs. Purchased. Credible vs. skeptical. Public relations tastes
great, advertising is less filling.
There’s an old saying: “Advertising is what you pay for, publicity is what you pray for.”
Advertising is paid media, public relations is earned media. This means you convince
reporters or editors to write a positive story about you or your client, your candidate, brand
or issue. It appears in the editorial section of the magazine, newspaper, TV station or
website, rather than the “paid media” section where advertising messages appear. So
your story has more credibility because it was independently verified by a trusted third
party, rather than purchased.
|Media Gives Third Party Validation
||Audience is skeptical
|No guarantee, must persuade Media
|Media controls final version
||Complete Creative Control
|PR uses language
||Ads are mostly visual
|This is important
||Buy this product
The biggest difference between Public Relations and Advertising is that Public Relations builds a reputation that last long after
the campaign, whereas, advertising only last as long as the ad runs.